We are accepting applications for an Assistant Account Executive.
The position is available May 2018
• Craft and edit press releases, social media posts, newsletters, and other corporate and media communication materials
• Pitch and secure media coverage, develop relationships with reporters
• Assist account staff on research, planning and implementation of all client activities and projects
• With supervision, create presentations, coordinate meetings, agendas, and attend client planning sessions
• Perform administrative tasks to support account staff, maintain files and clips
The position is paid salary and full time work of 45 hours per week with some extended hours expected.
Strong writing skills are critical. The successful candidate will be a highly organized and detail oriented “go-getter” with excellent interpersonal skills and a professional and positive attitude.
He or she should be able to:
• Demonstrate exceptional writing skills and have an understanding of AP style
• Generate creative solutions to client needs
• Remain knowledgeable at all times about the status of projects; ensure work is completed accurately and on time
• Seek to understand the client’s business and the associated news
• Exhibit initiative, enthusiasm, and commitment to the work and to the company
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Public Relations, Mass Communications, or Marketing
• Six months previous related work or intern experience in public relations or marketing
• Excellent writing skills. MS Office proficiency
• Basic knowledge of media relations, social media and the operations of newspaper, radio, television and cable
Please contact Greg Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now accepting applications for summer 2018 Interns.
Our summer program is now open to Junior or Seniors majoring in Public Relations or Marketing. The ideal candidate will be a “go-getter” and willing to pitch in wherever needed. Strong writing skills, a willingness to learn and a positive attitude are essential. The right candidate will have flexibility to drive his or her own project development.
Responsibilities: Support Weinberg Harris & Associates team with all public relations and marketing efforts, draft press releases, media alerts and marketing collateral, research and craft media lists, assist in pitching and fulfilling press requests. This candidate will also be relied upon to collaborate and contribute to an ongoing creative process, provide feedback, and assit in the development of new strategies and tactics.
Internship Details: The internship is unpaid with a flexible, weekly part-time schedule. Academic credit offered.
Submission Details: Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and one AP Style writing sample to Kate Bowers at email@example.com.